Bruce J. Highman
About BruceBruce J. Highman has been lead counsel on a number of cases that have resulted in published precedent decisions, has participated in numerous trials, and has appeared as a guest lecturer on employment law issues. Bruce received his undergraduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley in 1977 and his law degree from Stanford University Law School in 1981. After graduating from law school, he was selected, and served, as a law clerk to a justice of the Alaska Supreme Court in Juneau, Alaska. He entered private practice in 1982.
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, California Lawyers Association
Practice AreasEmployment Cases Involving: 1) Sexual, Racial, National Origin, And Sexual Orientation Harassment 2) Discrimination Based On Disability, Medical Leave, Sex, Age, Race, National Origin, Sexual Orientation, Religion, And Retaliation. 3) Violations Of Wage And Hour Laws, Including But Not Limited To Unpaid Wages, Overtime, Unreimbursed Expenses, Missed Meal And Rest Periods, Failure To Provide Employees With Suitable Seats When The Nature Of The Work Reasonably Permits The Employees To Do It While Seated, And Retaliation For Complaining About Violations Of Wage And Hour Laws. 4) Retaliation For Complaining About Discrimination, For Complaining About Violation Of Wage And Hour Laws, For Complaining About Fraud, For Complaining About Safety, And For Other Whistleblower Activities. 5) Qui Tam Claims Under The False Claims Act. 6) Fraud And Breach Of Contract. 7) Assaultive Conduct And Intimidation By Threat Of Violence In Employment Context.
Awards & Recognition
- Selected as a Northern California Super Lawyer each year from 2004 – Present.
- Selected as an America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigator for Northern California from 2020 – Present.
- Rated AV Preeminent, the highest rating, by Martindale Hubbell. See Martindale Ratings [Click Here].
- Rated 10.0, the highest rating, by Avvo.